DVLA Contact Number – 0870 280 5108

The DVLA – Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency has been around since 1965 and in its present form is part of The Department for Transport. DVLA contact number 0870 280 5108 can be used to get in touch with the department for all matters related to operating a motor vehicle. The DVLA handles matters such as the licensing of motorists and the registration of automobiles throughout Great Britain. The DVLA maintains head offices are based in Wales, and is currently headed up by CEO is Oliver Morley.

Top Contact Number is a call routing service and is no way connected to the DVLA.
The official number for DVLA can be found on www.gov.uk

When you call DVLA, you can receive assistance with:

  • Obtaining or Renewing Licenses
  • Obtaining or Renewing Discs
  • Reporting a Lost License
  • Records
  • Ordering Private Plates
  • Reporting Untaxed Vehicles
  • Bereavements
  • License Assessments
  • And More

DVLA contact number 0870 280 5108 can be called at any time – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This means that many problems can be handled at any hour. If it is general information that you are searching for, you may be able to find it on the DVLA website, located at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/driver-and-vehicle-licensing-agency. From the site, visitors can click on any number of topics to read more about the policies and procedures that are in place.

The DVLA helpline should be used by motorists who need to update their license or auto information, acquire a tax disc, apply for a new license, report an automobile that is no longer on the road due to poor condition, and more. There are other ways to contact DVLA customer services, such as via social media and email. Additionally, the website provides a contact form that can be filled out and submitted online. As with most services, email response times are likely to be much slower than phone response times.

DVLA contact number 0870 280 5108 can be used if you need assistance with renewing tax discs or setting up your road tax payments. If you sell your vehicle or motorcycle, call DVLA and report that you have done so. This step is quite important if you wish to remove your liability for a vehicle. A V5C Registration certificate should be requested. When calling in to report a sale, you will be asked for certain information, such as the registration number, make/model of the vehicle, date that the sale took place, and some basic information about the new owner. This information can be submitted online as well by visiting the DVLA website and filling out the appropriate form.

It is the law that all vehicles possess a current Road Tax disc at this time. The rules surrounding discs were changed a few years ago, where the grace period for obtaining one was changed from five to fourteen days. The extra time allows many to get a current disc before their own disc officially expires. The cost of a disc varies, based on a few different factors such as the age and value of the vehicle. Call the DVLA helpline if you have questions about renewing or obtaining a new disc, or visit https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax to learn more about the rules surrounding discs.

Current discs are not the only thing required in order to legally operate a vehicle. A license will also be needed. A provisional license can be used to drive while a licensed driver is in the vehicle with you. A full license allows you to operate a motor vehicle alone. Theory and road tests are required for licensing, and drivers will need to pass both in order to be considered a legal driver. Driving tests can be booked online. To ask questions about new licenses or license renewal, dial DVLA phone number 0870 280 5108 or send an email to: customer.services@dsa.gsi.gov.uk.